Beginner | 1 hour 34 min
There's no better way to celebrate your friends than with friendship bracelets. In this class, fiber artist and good friend Twinkie Chan will teach five very cool bracelet designs, plus four different ways to finish and secure them. You can make them for yourself, give them as gifts, or go old-school and trade them with your besties. They're fun and simple to make and can be easily sent through the mail to your favorite people.
Learn how to:
- Work the twist stitch
- Make a heart pattern
- Make a candy stripe
- Make a chevron
- Make a tie-on bracelet
- Finish your bracelet four ways
- Add a button as a clasp
- Vary colors and widths to create unique pieces
- Create letters and numbers with alpha patterns
- A series of easy-to-follow video lessons on how to make several types of knotted friendshop bracelets
- 8 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions from artist Twinkie Chan
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:
- DMC embroidery floss in your favorite colors - Twinkie uses Dark Pink #956, Mint #964, Red #321, Gold #3852, White #BLANC, Light Pink #761, Coral #350
- Safety pins
- Optional: clip board, tape, approx 3/4" buttons & a needle that will fit through your button and floss, glue (fabric glue, tacky glue, or super glue) and a tooth pick, big bead, graph paper and pencil
- Generate an alpha pattern for a name or word at friendship-bracelets.net
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Questions or comments about this class? Join the conversation here.
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.