Beginner | 12 min 14 sec
Artist, illustrator and Cricut aficionado Natalie Malin lends her design expertise to customizing and crafting a custom pencil pouch. She’ll walk you through the three-layer design, then demonstrate how some of her favorite Cricut tools – namely, the Bright Pad and the Easy Press – can really simplify the process. Finally, you’ll learn how to customize type in Design Space to make it your own. Essential for keeping your tools organized or crafting on the go, the resulting pencil pouch is versatile and once you’ve personalized it, totally unique to you.
Learn how to:
- How to cut layers
- How to customize a pre-existing file
- How to use the Bright Pad for easier weeding
- How to iron on vinyl
- A four-part class on using your Cricut Explore Air 2 to make a custom pencil pouch
- 3 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by Natalie Malan
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students
Here’s what you’ll need:Get the project design file on Cricut.com
- Cricut Explore Air 2 Wild Rose Bundle, which comes with:
- 6” x 9” pre-made, pre-washed pencil pouch
- Iron-on vinyl in three colors
- Light grip cutting mat
- Cricut Bright Pad
- Cricut Easy Press and Pad
- Weeding tool
Browse members' projects from this class and share your own work! Learn how to take great photos here.
Your timecode tags and notes for this section
Questions or comments about this class? Join the conversation here.
View More Comments
Who's Recently Taken This Class
Meet other Creativebug crafters who have recently taken this class.